Monday, November 18, 2013

¡Tengo Gozo en Mi Alma!‏ week 8

Family and Friends!
I hope that everyone is doing great! This week has been just amazing.

So I am so blessed. I love being a missionary. It´s tough, and I have no clue what Argentines are saying honestly.They talk so differently than my companion and all the Latinos in my district.. It´s difficult, but I love it. All the Argentine women would tell me that I have ´ojos celestial´. Wow. I was getting a flattered for a while, until they told me that celestal is the blue color of the Argentine flag. But half the reason why they talk to me is to ask me how tall I am. And then I smile, and they think gringos are so cute, so the moms and the old ladies will let us in and allow us to talk to them.

Many people in Argentina, especially this part, have never prayed before. They have recitations that they say to their ´Santos¨. So when we ask them to pray to their loving Heavenly Father at the end of lessons, it´s always amazing. They talk to him like they talk to us. We taught a grandma named Norma. We teach everyone on their porches. I think we´ve taught a total of 5 lessons inside of a house. And I always have to stoop down under the canopy of the porch as well haha. Anyways. We asked her to pray, and after the prayer, she just sat in silence for 10 minutes with her eyes shut and her head bowed. I MIGHT have peeked a few times... But when she finally said Amen, she looked up and around with wide eyes, and said she felt something on her back, like all the pain was taken away. Isn´t that amazing? God truly loves every single one of his precious children.

Elder Santana always has to repeat what the Argentines say to me in normal Spanish. I can understand and speak with the Latinos in my district... But Argentines, especially in this part, are definitely speaking a different language than what I learned in the MTC...

So the computer I´m on today is super ghetto, and it won´t upload pictures. So I´ll make sure that I send extra next week!

There are poop water ditches everywhere. On both sides of every road. And their often covered with grass. Haven´t stepped in one yet.

I love you all! :) 

Here is my real address:

Misión Argentina Resistencia
Entre Ríos 435
Resistencia, Chaco 3500
Casilla de Correo #1
Argentina

2 Nephi 22:2
Favorite scripture for the week.

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment