Monday, January 13, 2014

Mejor Semana en el Mundo! week 16

Familia and Friends!
This last week has been fantastic and filled with miracles as always.
We had a lot of success, and a lot of ´´downfalls´´. O_____ and H___´s
baptism fell through Saturday morning because their parents got into a
fight and somehow that led to the Mom wanting nothing to do with the church.
That was devistating. Not in a sense so much that I was devistated for myself,
but I just was put sad for Osvaldo. He was so excited to be baptized that morning
when we were walking together, and his excitement shattered when he received
the news. We are working so hard to give him excitement so that he doesn´t get
discouraged. That is what Satan really wants in this situation. The same day, we had
9 investigators tell us that they didn´t want to follow learning about the gospel. It is
hard not to be sad when people reject the message, ESPECIALLY after they have
listened and begun progressing and have come closer to their Savior Jesus Christ. We
passed by the church to take a quick water break, and I felt such a strong impression to
pray. Knowing that we would be praying in a couple hours because of nightly planning, I
pushed it off. I kept feeling that we should pray, so I kneeled and invited Elder Santana
to pray with me. We prayed, and asked for hardly anything. We just gave thanks mostly.
I felt a strength pushing me as we finished out the night. I know that the spirit was
testifying to us that we have done a great work.

We had two torments this week. So strong that the Zone Leaders, who live an hour away,
us, and the other Elders in the district who live an hour and a half the other direction didn´t
have power all night. I felt that we should visit an investigator that we have been having
troubles finding, who lives 45 minutes from the pension. Half way through the lesson, the
wind picked up and the power went out. We ran home, and about half an hour away, it
started to hail. We were right by the ice cream store (how convenient, right?) so we took
coverage. It got worse. We ended up running home with a kilo of icecream, only seeing by
the light of the lightning. In certain parts of the road, the water was almost up to my knees!
The moral of the story-- sometimes when you have torments, all God is trying to show you
is that you should go by two pounds of icecream for 4 bucks!

I am gaining a stronger and stronger testimony of the importance and divinity of this work.
I am seeing more and more that the Lord is the head of it and the work is hastening! The next
day, we had to drop 6 more investigators because they really just weren´t progressing and we
felt that they weren´t prepared for the gospel. We put our noses to the grindstone and the Lord
showed us the way. We found 8 amazing people who are all excited about the gospel! The Lord
is the head of this work!

Elder Johnson

pics: Post torment and our favorite supermarket!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment