Friday, February 21, 2014

Felicitaciones de Argentina!‏ week 21

Family and Friends!
This past week was fantastic. We kept making bible and camera jokes (seeing that I lack the both), and I hardly thought about my missing things. My prayers have been so much more sincere, and I have felt the spirit confirming that this is where I am meant to be. I applied that which I learned in the ´´Enzeñanza del Día´´ and have been writing that which I feel while praying in a notebook, and re reading the spiritual promptings in the morning. Sometimes I can´t beleive that I actually wrote what I read in the mornings. The things that the spirit whispers to us are incredible if we only have the humility to listen.

I am realizing more and more daily the magnitude in which I love the people here. I don´t know any of me, and secretly inside, they are probably all laughing a little bit about how I get my words mixed up when I get excited while teaching, or my gringo accent. However, I love them all. I want to just be a tool in the hands of the Lord to help each and every one of them. It hurts to leave investigators-- however, I have learned that when we leave investigators, we are showing God our faith that there are really people that are waiting and are prepared to receive the amazing blessings that come from the gospel.

Something that really helped me in the last week from the Book of Mormon is the following:
Alma 58:10-11
 10 Therefore we did pour out our souls in prayer to God, that he would strengthen us and deliver us out of the hands of our enemies, yea, and also give us strength that we might retain our cities, and our lands, and our possessions, for the support of our people.
 11 Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our adeliverance in him.
I love this gospel! The work is incredible!


Elder Tyler Kenneth Johnson
Misión Argentina Resistencia
435 Entre Ríos
Resistencia, Chaco 3500
Casilla de Correo #1
Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment