Friday, March 21, 2014

La mision esta volando!‏

Family and Friends!
As I approach my 6 month mark in the mission, and of course, prepare to eat
half Kilo of Grido (mas bien!) I have been put to reflect on what I have done
for the Lord in the last 6 months, what I have learned, who I have become,
and of course, how I want to serve the Lord in the 18 months that come. Wow.
Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am in Argentina, doing that which I
have always dreamed of doing. Being a representative of my Savior, Jesus Christ
and bringing the gospel to those that are desparately waiting for it. The biggest
obstacle in our companionship right now is finding these people.

Andrea, Synthia (her niece) and Gabriel are progressing fantastically. We havent
had time to see them this week, seeing that last night was the first night I have
been able to leave the office since Sunday. I know that there is some way to speed
up this reimbursment process. It just takes a plan... We have fixed to pass a little
of time with the Mato family (Andrea) and the Duarte family with a Family Home
Evening in the church Saturday night. Turning to prayer to find an hermanamiento
like we were counseled to do (what does that mean in English) has really opened
doors for the spirit to work with the members and with us.

We carried out divisions with the Priests last night, and it made me remember
going out with the missionaries back in the Black and White times. The only thing
we lacked was a little Chino Bandito to close off the night. But it made me remember
how amazing I thought missionary work was. I think I taught a total of 3 lessons in all
the countless nights I spent with the missioanries. But I knew that it was the work of
the Lord, and just as long as I was inviting people to come unto Christ and working my
hardest, I was happy. I need to remember that more often.
Apparently the turtles don´t always just stay in the sewer ditches... I saw one in a pancake
form crossing the road. But he stopped crossing the road. I learned that there are two types
of leaders. Those that observe, and those that observe and act. I guess turtles are observers...
Poor little guy.

I love you all! Thank you for the love and support!


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment