Wednesday, October 16, 2013

este semana (is that spelled right?)‏ Week Three

Family and friends!!!
I love you all! Thanks so much for the Dear Elders, letters etc. They're like Gold 
here at the MTC!

So I totally forgot to say it last week, but guess who came to the MTC for the Sunday 
devotional last week?!! VOCAL POINT!!!! So exciting huh? It was awesome. They 
sang all these hymns and it was just a fantastic experience.

Last night Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the 12 apostles came and spoke to us. Wow was it 
amazing or what?! I loved it! I got within like five feet of him. PLUS I was in the MTC 
choir. There was 588 singers in it, and we all sang Praise to the Man. Oh boy oh boy. 
That was an amazing experience. 588 missionaries bearing their testimony of the prophet 
of the restoration, Joseph Smith and glorifying our God. I loved it. My testimony of the 
reality of the restoration was fortified during this. I love experiences that build my faith. 

Oh mom! Do you have any more of those twisty highlighter pencil/pen things that hold a 
bunch of colors? They sell those here, and I guess those work best for Argentina because 
the crayon kind will just melt in your apartment. So if you still have any, could you send 
them and I could just buy the refills here? If not, i'll just buy one here. We get 40% off  
everything.

So I guess Argentina has this new thing called a travel visa that the church is taking 
advantage of for the missionaries? Basically you get a temporary 6 month visa, and you 
go to Argentina while you wait for your real visa. It still doesn't work for a lot of missionaries, 
but for the majority, it does. So probably 70% of missionaries head straight for Argentina, so 
I don't know if I'll get to serve state side for a while? We'll see!

Oh mom, can you take the SD card out of my phone and stick it in the safe? I want all my 
pictures from my phone to be safe.

I always have so many things I want to write throughout the week, but then forget once I'm 
sitting down at a computer! Oh well. Maybe I should start making lists.

We are teaching two "investigators". Pure spanish. It's hard, but so rewarding all at once. 
Members of the church come once a week for us to practice teaching, but they don't pretend 
to be investigators. Our purpose as missionaries is to invite OTHERS to come unto Christ. 
Not just people that aren't members of our church. So we just gave them a lesson on faith in 
Jesus Christ and it was amazing! They're so sweet. We taught this native Mexican lady who 
was just visiting the states, and I couldn't understand a word she said. But we taught an RM 
from Chile and she was just great, and a lady from my companion's stake. And they spoke 
slow for us :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CHOCOLATES!!! :) They were so amazing! And the 
postcards were great :) 

Being district leader is so rewarding. It's great to have the opportunity to serve and love those 
in my district. I just always remember that I need to forget myself and turn outward toward 
others and just love them. So I'm doing that more and more every day!

Pues, tengo mucho amor por ustedes!!!!!!

Su misionero favorito,

Elder Tyler K. Johnson


 Ty's poor companion nodding off in class

                                      
 With zone leaders before they head into the field




 Package from Oregon!
Donuts for the district from Grandpa and Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment