Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Este Semana!‏ Week Two

Familia!
Como le va?! 
You have now witnessed the extent of my abilities to speak Spanish. Just kidding.
I'm actually learning so much. It's crazy! My brain is always on an overload, but 
it's a happy overload. Makes sense? Maybe?

So this week was great and tough. It's hard to feel adequate for the work of the Lord, 
but at the same time, I know that he called me to do his work. This gospel is just so 
incredible!

So the government shut down?! Uhhhh... can someone fill me in? Dear Elder me por 
favor so I can read it before the whole US explodes.

Wasn't conference amazing? I went with some speicific questions I just really needed 
answered and some help I needed. A pretty extensive list actually. And every single 
point was answered thoroughly and more than once! I was just spiritually edified. 
Wasn't Holland's talk amazing? Uchtdorf's talk in Priesthood was also great. And the 
Harold talk... the one about the cookies? Wow. I want to be like HIM! He is just so 
excited and happy about the gospel.

So we have two investigators right now. Jorge and Eloy. Neither can speak a word of 
English. It's difficult, but as Dad always said: "Mind over matter." It's just great to know 
that I have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost at all times, and that this is what 
Heavenly Father wants me to be doing. 

I keep eating and eating here. It's a problem... Hermana Davidson is like my new mom. 
She controls how much I eat, so it's all good :) Besides, I'll probably get a parasite in 
AR and look like the grinch when I come home anyways. So I might as well eat crazy 
well now :))

Thank you so much for the Dear Elders and the package with my camera in it! I'll send 
your camera back ASAP momma :)

Sorry for sending so many pictures! I couldn't leave any out! Maybe I'll start taking them 
at a lower resolution so I can send more at once? I'm not sure.

I have had so many incredible experiences throughout the week. Isn't the gospel just so 
amazing? I just love how happy it makes me.

Oh, so guess what else was amazing about conference.... *drum roll*. 
I SAW KAJ!!! (Astre Johnson). All the west campus missionaries went to main campus 
to watch conference, and while waiting for lunch, I saw him. Man, I was just so happy! 
It was just great to see such a great friend from home. We hung out basically all of conference 
weekend, and he is doing amazing. I sent a ton of pictures of us. Hope you enjoy :) 

The gospel is  amazing. It has given me so much peace this last week. The power of 
prayer is so good.

In the MTC, little things like checking the mail "cartas?!?!?" 6 times a day, "spooning people" 
(sticking spoons in their pocket and they find out later) and the chocolate milk serve as great 
entertainment. I'm trying to just think about serving and the work, but sometimes I catch 
myself singing Disney songs, thinking about Military Surplus, school, being warm again, etc. 
But I'm working at it!! 

Everything is going amazingly. We sing tons of hymns, and talk Spanglish all the time. 
We have a goal to speak as much Spanish as we know. So if we know a word in Spanish, 
we throw it in our sentence. It's ridiculous, but it works and it is awesome!

My BOM reading has helped me so much throughout this week! I love the 
Book of Mormon so much. I'm so glad that we have a Heavenly Father who 
loves us so much and gave us these incredible tools so that we may return to 
live with him one day.

Some of the Elders and Hermanas here think that I don't know a crap load about the
 gospel, but I DO. (If only we had an Elder Libre in the field...)

I know the Gospel is true! I know that we have a loving Savior and that the gospel 
was restored by God through the prophet Joseph Smith. It's so comforting!

I love you all! Dear Elder me, write me letters, email, send smoke signals, carrier 
pigeons, etc!

Read the end of  Matthew 11! It's helped me so much this week!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Tyler K. Johnson



                                     
 Johnson boys reunited! 




Ramone and Elder Johnson studying hard

No comments:

Post a Comment