Wednesday, October 30, 2013

iMi Alma Canta!‏ - Week 5

Family and Friends!

I leave to Argentina on Monday! Mom! I will be able to call you! So pretty please 
charge your phone the night before :) After I get to Buenos Aires, I have a 10 hour 
bus ride to Resistencia, Argentina. Boy this is getting so exciting! 

This week has been amazing. After the temple last week, this lady came up to us and 
asked if we spoke spanish. We all said "Un pocitititito" and she continued to talk. Basically 
she needed to load more money on her prepaid phone with a card she bought, but the instructions 
when you called were all in English. Everyone kinda looked at her... 
Then dududududa!!! (superhero noise) I stepped up and talked to her! She was so smiley and 
happy (she was probably laughing inside how white I am) but it was awesome! I carried on 
a conversation with her in Spanish!

Oh! And a new Elder that actually got moved up to the intermediate program because he's 
from Columbia originally (went to Westwood High momma) came up to me after I said 
the prayer in priesthood and said that I sounded fluent during my prayer. A Columbian 
was impressed!! Awesome huh? These experiences have been so comforting to me and  
just have gotten me so excited to go to Argentina!

One thing that I love about Spanish is praying. As missionaries, we have to talk in the 
formal tense Usted. However, when you pray, you talk in Tu, which is how you would 
talk to a close friend. I love that! Isn't that so true? We should talk to God like he is our 
closest friend. In all reality, he is, or should be. I've been praying more and more in Spanish,
 just because I love the way that I can feel closer to my loving father in Heaven.

The zone is doing amazing. We've been working so hard with HSI (Hable Su Idioma) 
and it's going great. The district and zone averages are slowly improving, and I feel like 
it is becoming something fun for everyone to do rather than a chore. I love Spanish!

I think a concern could be to fellowship each other. Often times it seems like there are little 
groups forming in the zone, when in reality, we should be working together as a team. 
Other than that, I think our zone is doing amazing. I hope the Sister Training Leaders see the 
same.

I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be zone leader! It's such a blessing. It forces 
me to my knees often times, which I am so grateful for. It's definitely a humbling experience. 
I realize more and more every day that I need my Savior's help to be the leader that he wants me to be. 
I love our zone!

The MTC has changed me. It's been one of the most humbling experiences I've ever gone 
through. Our "investigator" Eloy was so excited to be baptized yesterday! When we challenged 
him to keep improving with his word of wisdom problems he was receptive. He told us that he
wants to live better, come unto Christ and be baptized. Right then and there I wanted to get up 
and high five him or chest bump him or something! It was seriously one of the happiest moments 
I've had for a long time. I cannot wait to go out into the Argentina, Resistencia Mission and invite 
people to come unto Christ. People NEED this gospel and I can't wait to share the joys of it with them!

I feel like I'm so much more in tune with the spirit. I listen more. I pray harder. I study with the 
most intent that I can ever muster. I work as hard as I possibly can. I was reading in the Bible 
dictionary under Grace yesterday. The atonement talks so much about grace, and I realized t
hat I didn't really understand it. I love how grace is an enabling power, and I have felt it so 
much lately.

I'm so grateful to be a missionary!

I love you all and I love this Gospel!

-Elder Tyler Johnson

Oh, here's my address!

Elder Tyler Kenneth Johnson
Argentina Resistencia Mission
3800 Clubhouse Dr. #8
Chandler, AZ 85248
United States
Argentina




Happy Fall Y'all



Travel plans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment