Monday, December 30, 2013

Feliz Navidades!‏ Week 14

Familia!
This week was amazing. We had a baptism on Saturday of our investigator Carlos! My first baptism! And on top of all that, it was my birthday; without a shadow of a doubt, it was my best birthday yet. The baptism was incredible and so spiritual. Carlos doesn´t understand all that well, but he KNOWS that his Savior loves him and that this is the right path for his life. The confirmacion was even greater. Elder Milaf performed the confermation, and I could just feel the spirit in the room. When it was over, Carlos just looked up at us with tears in his eyes, and thanked us over and over. He told us that he feels the power of the spirit, and that he feels like he has a new friend. So true. I love the work. Mercedes II in Corrientes is the best area ever! 

Another miracle that happened occurred during the Christmas conference for the mission. I had been praying to feel the love of my Savior that week, because I was a little discouraged with one of the families we had been working with, and, to be frank, losing weight just takes a lot of energy out of you (I´m buying myself a blender for my birthday so that I can shove more food in my system, so that should help). When Sister Heyman bore her testimony about the love of our Savior, I KNOW that my prayers were answered. I felt the love of my Savior powerfully, and other experiences where I specifically remember feeling his loved flowed into my mind. Its amazing that God answers prayers of everyone in his own manner. Even a 20 year old gringo missionary serving in Mercedes, Corrientes. I made sure to write this experience in my journal so that I may reflect back on it in the future. 

These computers dont have any ports to hook up a camera to send pictures.. So I´ll make sure to send a ton next week!

Sister Heyman is amazing. She made all the new missionaries cupcakes with oreos. WOW. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. I never thought I would be so happy about that!

Do you all have any questions for me to answer?

If you want a REAL weight loss program, serve a mission! You´ll lose 22 pounds in two months! Just work your tail off, sweat a ton, and love the work. That´s it ;) 

I love you all! I´ll send tons of pictures next week! Be amazing! The gospel is so true. I know it, and I see it change the lives of the people EVERY day! Our Savior Jesus Christ is so loving, and the plan that God has made for us is just so wonderful!

Élder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment